The Seahawks were robbed
This is the first (and maybe the last) time I mention sports on my blog, but I simply must go on a very tiny rant about how bad officiating should not be the difference in a game, especially the Super Bowl.
Think about these calls:
1) The questionable offensive interference that took away a Seattle touchdown
2) Saying that Steelers' QB Roethlisberger got the ball across the end zone line when it seemed fairly clear he didn't. In fact, the side judge originally started running in to mark him down and then, very late, signaled touchdown.
3) A very questionable holding call a long pass in the 2nd quarter
4) An outrageous holding call on a play that would have left Seattle 1st-and-goal on the one, likely to go up 3 points in the 4th quarter.
5) The 15-yard low block penalty called on Seattle QB Hasselbeck while he was tackling the Steeler who just intercepted his pass. (He wasn't blocking anyone.)
Seattle generally outplayed Pittsburgh and maybe Pittsburgh should have won, but if the officials had been competent (or objective) the game would have looked very different.
All in all, the least interesting SuperBowl in a long time.
Sorry for writing about sports....just had to get it off my chest.
|Print article||This entry was posted by Rossputin on 02/06/06 at 07:19:16 am . Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.|